Thursday, April 16, 2009

Already 4 weeks old!

Wow how quickly they change and time goes by. Gracie is already over 4 weeks old and she has gained over 1 lb. She weighed 7 lbs 8 oz when she was born and at her 3 weeks appointment she weighed 8 lbs 9 oz. We actually had a two week appointment that we were supposed to go to but for some reason we totally forgot about it even though we scheduled our family pictures around her appointment time. We drove into Roseville and went to our pictures remembering about the appointment then when leaving the mall ended up spacing on the appointment completely (I blame lack of sleep). The doctors then rescheduled it for the next week. We are working on a schedule but some nights go better then others. She seems to not want to go down for the night until around 12 or 1 am and then wakes up about every 2 or 3 hours then officially wakes up for the morning around 8am. I get around 4 hours sleep a night since I am breastfeeding and that takes time. For you moms that will understand, this is my favorite you finally finish feeding your baby it's 2am and you change his/her diaper, rock them to sleep then lay them down and they then toot really loud. Next you realize that you have to get up and change them again because it wasn't just a toot (now that really stinks right). Gracie likes to be talked to when she is awake and loves to be rocked. Things are going great with Stephen and her, he loves to sing to her when she cries and he gets really close to her face and then he laughs when she tries to eat him, he is the best big brother. He seems to think that I can't hear Gracie when she cries so every time she makes the slightest whimper Stephen yells "She is crying mommy she's hungry!". I had to make a trip to the ER when she was almost 3 weeks old, I was having really bad back pain for about a week and I though maybe it was from the epidural I had during delivery. Mom, Gracie and I were there until 1 am to find out that I have a Kidney infection, painful but nothing some antibiotics will not cure. Gracie was able to go to her first Easter egg hunt with her big brother Stephen and cousins when she was only 2 weeks old. Stephen had a blast and thank goodness for a my family, Uncle Craig ran to the car to help the new mom unload since we were really late and the Easter egg hunt was about to start also Papa took Stephen to look for the eggs since daddy was at work and mommy wanted to take pictures (boy I love having family close by to always help). We had a great Easter, Grandma and Grandpa Thorns stopped by for a few hours in the morning while Stephen and Gracie opened their gifts from the Easter Bunny. Then off to Nana and Papa DuBose's to have a traditional Easter Egg hunt with all of his cousins and a wonderful dinner prepared by Nana. We hope you all had a wonderful Easter too! The meals are over and I am back to cooking now. Thank you to all the friends and family for bringing us wonderful dinners for the first few weeks, they helped us out a lot. Steve and I also had our first date night, Auntie Tera (or as Stephen calls her Tera-nut) took the kids home with her family on Sunday night while Steve and I went to dinner and a movie! Stephen of course didn't want to come home with us when we went to pick him up because that would mean he was leaving his cousins. A few other quick thing from the past few weeks. We have had lots of visitors come and go which is always fun. We took Gracie to see daddy at work for the first time and I went back to work with the kids this week. Gracie and Stephen are wonderful kids and we are so thankful that they both are healthy and happy. We hope you all are as healthy and happy as we are too.

No comments: