only one day after writing that blog
she became a very different baby. She is now what we call a very Colic baby! From weeks 5 to 7 she cried 90% of the days and about 50% of the nights, the longest weeks of my life. She now cries about 75% of the days that are bad which is about 4 or 5 a week and we have about 1 bad night a week with staying up all night. For example the other night Steve was working at the station and Gracie decided to only sleep for about 1 hour and then woke up at 11:30 crying. I then had two children up since my little angel is so loud and our house is so
small. Stephen was in tears by 4:30am saying he was so tired and I asked to please go to bed and try really hard to sleep, he wouldn't and about 5:15am we finally got Gracie down to sleep. I will say that I have learned a lot over the past few weeks.
Stephen is really an amazing little boy, he loves his sister even though she cries a lot (he tells everyone that). Stephen can't seem to stop worrying about her when she cries and he gets so excited every time she smiles at him (yes Gracie does know how to smile). Gracie actually smiles and does her cute baby talk often, it just doesn't always last too long. She was 22.5 inches and 11.0 lbs at her last doctor's appointment. Oddly I looked up Stephen's information at his 2 month check up and he was 22.5 inches and 11.2 oz. You will see I have attached a picture of how much they look a like at the same age. I am happy to say though that even if she cries often she is a perfectly healthy baby!!!! She is very strong and
even almost rolled over last night at Nana and Papa's house. I do believe that she will be rolling over much earlier then I would like.Steve is working often since the OT is available, soon we fear it will be gone with Sac Metro closing some stations in the next few weeks and they may be taking a pay cut at work too. He has been an amazing husband with doing so much around the house since Gracie takes up most of my time these days!
We have had a lot of fun events over the past few weeks. First Kyndra turned 13 (wow I can't believe it) she had a fun Hawaiian birthday party. Next was Kyle's 8th birthday party, they had a cool monster truck bounce house. The next weekend was Stephen's 3rd birthday bash, we too had a cool spiderman
bounce house and a fun pinata. Stephen had the best day with so many friends and family
(they were all troopers with it being over 100 degree's out). Then off to Fresno the next weekend, since Auntie Chandel Graduated from College. We are so happy for her! On the way home from Fresno a stop into Stockton to a 1st birthday party for Grace (a friend from Steve's works daughter), they too had a bounce house. Then believe it or not the very next weekend Kaylin turned 11 and we had a very fun birthday with her, some fun carnival games with even a snow cone machine!!!! One more birthday this weekend and then maybe things will slow down, Skyler turns 3 (another friend from Steve's work). She may actually be Stephen's future wife, so we have secretly planned for them!!!As for me I have finally started a little running, wow am I out of shape. I plan on starting to play indoor soccer this next Tuesday, wish me luck! I have also been into high gear co-coaching Kaylin's select soccer team with my dad and Steve. Practices two times a week, board meetings for the club, working at the office when I can help, and trying to still do house work seems to make the weeks go
by so fast!
I will confess that I am turning 31 this Wednesday and my body feels like it's in it's 30's after having two babies and not exercising much over the past year. I plan to keep working to change that! Well it is 3 am and I thought I would quickly write this after doing house chores and the kids are sleeping. I hope you all are doing well and if you have not talked to us or seen us lately don't think for one second that we don't miss you! Love you all! Oh one more thing I'm not sure if you have ever seen anything like this but Stephen is badly allergic to Mosquito's, I will attach a picture of his swollen face after one bite and lots of benadryl.

1 comment:
I love the photo of the two kids side-by-side. Boy do they look alike! Too cute. We hope to see you soon.
BTW: Next time the house is quiet, take advantage and sleep! :-)
xoxo - Liz
Post a Comment